Maflin beat Daniel Ward (England) 11-8 in the men's final while Jans whitewashed Wan-Ip In (Hong Kong) 5-0. Both winners were undefeated throughout the tournament.
A Main Tour spot was on offer to the winner of the men's event. That means Maflin will compete against the top pros in the 2007/2008 season. This will be his second stint on the world's major snooker tour.
Keith E Boon (Singapore) had the highest break of the tournament with a magnificent 147.
Pakistan's Mohammad Yousuf won the title in the Masters (Over 40s) division. He beat Glen Wilkinson from Australia 5-4 in the final.
The event was held 5-15 November in the Regency Palace, Amman, Jordan.
- Official site (ibsf.org)
- 2006 IBSF World Championships (Global Snooker Centre)
- Jans Storms to Ladies Title (World Snooker)
- Maflin verdensmester i snooker (NRK - Norwegian)
- Wendy Jans Crowned IBSF World Ladies Champion (GSC Blog)
- Yousuf wins World Snooker Championship senior event (The News - International)
- Norsk verdensmester i snooker (Norwegian Billiard Federation - Norwegian)
- Kurt Maflin ist Amateur-Weltmeister (Snookerblog - Deutsch)
- World Championships snooker (wendy-jans.com)
- World Champion 2006 (wendy-jans.com, pictures)
- IBSF Worlds-Jordan (Snooker Talk)
- IBSF Snooker MM (Veikko Hannulan Snookerblogi - Finnish)