The rules state that the defending champion keeps the title in case of a draw.
Europe looked to be cruising, leading 8-4, 9-6 and 12-10, but USA once again came through with a battling performance. Corey Deuel won the last match 5-2 against David Alcaide (Spain).
Finland's Mika Immonen had a golden chance to win the trophy for Europe when leading 4-1 in the penultimate match against Mike Davis. Davis managed to claw his way back to 4-4 only to see Immonen needing just two balls for victory. The Finn lost position on the nine though and Davis kept the USA alive by potting the match ball.
USA now leads the event with 11-2. Europe's last win came in 2002.
The event took place from December 7-10 in the Cruise Terminal Rotterdam, Netherlands. Matches were singles, scotch doubles, scotch triples and scotch sextuples(!) with alternate break.
- Official homepage
- Mosconi Cup ends in historic tie (AzBilliards)
- U.S., Europe Fit To Be Tied! (Billiards Digest)
- USA Billiards Team Retains the Mosconi Cup (Inside Pool Magazine)
- Mosconi 2006 (Poolfoto's van Gerard)
- Mosconi Cup Trophy goes to USA - again! (European billiards)
- Mosconi Cup XIII – Victory given away (souquet.de)
- L'égalité imparfaite (Kozoom.com - French)
- El empate le sirve a Estados Unidos para retener el título de la Copa Mosconi (Billarnet - Spanish)
- Team Europe gibt Sieg aus der Hand (billiard.info - German)
- Amerika se Vratila iz Ponora (Biljarski Savez - Hungarian)