Nobody managed to retain their titles in the main single events. Ouschan was the only of last year's champions to win a gold medal this year. The 2007 9-ball champion came out on top in 8-ball.
Ouschan's victim in the 8-ball final, Line Kjørsvik, was one of two players to reach two finals. Kjørsvik also finished runner-up in 14.1. Zoran Svilar from Serbia won silver in both 9-ball and 8-ball.
Here are the results:
9-ball: Stephan Cohen (France) bt Zoran Svilar (Serbia)
8-ball: Marcus Chamat (Sweden) bt Zoran Svilar (Serbia)
14.1: Ivica Putnic (Croatia) bt Ralf Souquet (Germany)
Team: Germany bt Czech Republic
9-ball: Sabina Dederding (Switzerland) bt Estelle Bijnen (Netherlands)
8-ball: Jasmin Ouschan (Austria) bt Line Kjørsvik (Norway)
14.1: Charlotte Sørensen (Denmark) bt Kjørsvik (Norway)
Team: Germany bt Netherlands
8-ball: Karl Read (England) bt Henrik Larsson (Sweden)
9-ball: Jouni Tahti (Finland) bt Emil Schranz (Austria)
This was Ouschan's sixth euro gold, and second in 8-ball. Tahti also had five previous wins. Chamat, Dederding and Sørensen all won for the second time.
This championship marked the 30th anniversary of the EPBF and therefore contained all categories and disciplines. There were also events for Seniors, Ladies, Juniors, Boys and Girls.
The event was held August 7-16, 2008 at the Sauerland Sterner Hotel, Willingen, Germany.
- European Pool Championships (Official site)
- European Championships - 2008 (EPBF Archive)
- Cohen enfin en or (Kozoom.com - French)
- European Championships 2008 in Willingen/Germany (Jasmin Ouschan)
- European champs report (Nick van den Berg)
- 9th place in 14-1! ... Only 3 matches in 8-ball (Katrine Jensen)
- EK ten einde: Dutch Delight (Poolkrant.nl - Dutch)