England's defending champion Ronnie O'Sullivan was just one frame away from his fifth win after taking a commanding 9-6 lead but Selby stormed back to take the title 10-9.
Selby received £150,000 for the victory and O'Sullivan got £75,000 for his runner-up spot.
Mark J Williams (Wales) and Stephen Maguire (Scotland) lost out in the semifinals.
Maguire and Neil Robertson (Australia) tied for the highest breaks of the tournament with 140 to share the £10,000 prize..
This was the second Masters title for Selby. He also won on his 2008 debut. Last year he lost in the final to O'Sullivan.
The event took place at the Wembley Arena, London, England 10-17 January, 2010. Next up on the snooker calendar is the Totesport.com Welsh Open which starts 25 January 2010.
- Maplin UK Championship 2008 (World Snooker)
- Mark Selby shocks Ronnie O'Sullivan at Masters final (BBC)
- Selby wins Masters after comeback (Eurosport)
- Selby Makes Stunning Comeback (Sporting Life)
- 2010 Masters (Global Snooker)
- 2010 Masters Snooker (Wikipedia)
- Super Selby stuns O'Sullivan (Pro Snooker Blog)
- The Mark of a Champion (Snooker Scene Blog)
- SnookerManager: Masters 2010
- Masters (snooker) (Wikipedia)
- Mark Selby (Official site)
- Mark Selby (Wikipedia)
- Ronnie O'Sullivan wins Masters in style (2007 Masters)
- Mark Selby wins Masters on debut (2008 Masters)
- O'Sullivan wins fourth Masters (2009 Masters)
- O'Sullivan pockets 2009 Shanghai Masters (2009 Main Tour)
- It's four from four as Robertson nicks 2009 Grand Prix (2009 Main Tour)
- Ding Junhui captures 2009 UK Championship (2009 Main Tour)
- John Higgins captures Grand Prix (2009 Main Tour)