In the final Selby defeated countryman Stephen Lee 10-3 to capture his first major title.
Ken Doherty (Ireland) and Marco Fu (Hong Kong) lost out in the semi-finals.
Defending champion Ronnie O'Sullivan (England) was beaten 6-5 by Scotsman Stephen Maguire in the first round.
Selby earned £150,000 for the victory. In addition he won £5,000 for making a 141 in the last frame of the final. He shared the high break prize with Doherty.
Lee won £68,000 as runner-up. It must have been a welcome return to form for the man who's ben struggling with his game lately.
The event took place at the Wembley Arena, London, England Jan 13-20, 2008. Next up on the snooker calendar is another non-ranking event, Malta Cup which starts 4th February.
- SAGA Insurance Masters (World Snooker)
- Selby trounces Lee to win Masters (BBC)
- Selby romps to Masters title (Eurosport)
- Selby Success at Wembley (Sporting Life)
- 2008 Saga Masters (Global Cue Sports Centre)
- Selby finishes with a flourish to pocket Wembley victory bonus (Times Online)
- Snooker: Selby Seals His Maiden Win (greenbaize)
- A Star is Born (Snooker Scene blog)
- Mark Selby marvelous (Snookerblog - German)
- Snooker News from the Saga Insurance Masters 2008 (Cuefactor)
- SnookerManager: Masters 2008
- Mark Selby (Official page)
- Ronnie O'Sullivan wins Masters in style (2007)
- Dominic Dale on top in Shanghai Masters
- Fu tops Grand Prix for first ranking win
- Maguire triumphant in Northern Ireland Trophy
- Ronnie O'Sullivan wins fourth UK Championship