Kim and Corr were tied 6-6 in the best-of-13 final before the Korean broke and ran the deciding rack.
This was a repeat of last year's final. On that occasion Kim beat Corr 7-5.
Vivian Villareal (USA) and Julie Kelly (Ireland) finished joint third.
This was Kim's second US Open title in a row, her third US Open crown in total and her sixth victory on the WPBA Tour. Her titles have com in the 2004 US Open, the 2005 Cuetec Cues National Championship, the 2007 Carolina Classic, the 2009 US Open and the 2009 Colorado Classic. In addition she won the world title in 2005 and 2006.
The event took place from 28 July to 1 August 2010 at the Riverwind Casino, Norman, Oklahoma, USA. It was the last of two events on the 2010 Classic Tour.
- Tournament Bracket (wpba.com - PDF)
- WPBA (Official page)
- Kim Repeats as U.S. Open Champ (Billiards Digest)
- Ga-Young Kim defends US Open Title (AZ Billiards)
- Kim Repeats as U.S. Open 9-Ball Champion (Inside Pool Magazine)
- Case Study – Funding Ashley Nandrasy’s Trip to the US Open (Pool Cue News and Review)
- WPBA Tour | Player Biographies | Ga Young Kim (wpba.com)
- Ga-young Kim (Wikipedia)
- Allison Fisher successfully defends US Open title (2006 US Open)
- Allison Fisher takes third US Open in a row (2007 US Open)
- Kelly Fisher captures maiden US Open title (2008 US Open)
- Second US Open title for Ga-young Kim (2009 US Open)
- Hofstätter returns to winner's circle in 2010 San Diego Classic (2010 Classic Tour)