In the all-Belgian final Forthomme defeated two-time defending champion Frédéric Caudron 50-41. Sweden's Torbjörn Blomdahl beat Martin Horn (Germany) to claim third place.
Forthomme received $25,000 for the win. Caudron earned $15,000 and Blomdahl $12,000.
A great number of players had runs of 13 to tie for the highest run of the event. Caudron had the best single game average of 2,778. He achieved that in a high-class 50-49 quarter-final win over Semih Sayginer (Turkey).
The event took place in Carom Café Billiards, New York, USA, July 20-27, 2008. A total of 85 players took part.
- 2008 Sang Lee International Open (Official site)
- Surprise Star: Forthomme Nips Caudron to Win Sang Lee Open (Billiards Digest)
- Roland Forthomme wins Sang Lee International Open (AzBilliards)
- Sang Lee International 3-Cushion Open (Professor Q-Ball)
- Forthomme, King of Queens (Kozoom - French)
- Open SangLee International 2008 (Entrada51 - Spanish)
- Photos from Sang Lee International Open 2008 (CueTable Billiard Library > Discussions)
- Roland Forthomme from Belguim wins Sang Lee International Open (AzBilliards Forum)
- Photos from Sang Lee International Open 2008 (CueTable.com)
- CaromTV (DVD and VOD)