In the final he defeated countryman Dennis Orcollo 11-6.
Pagulayan received $15,000 for the win. Orcollo got $6,000 for second place.
The Taiwanese pair of Ching-shun Yang and Chia-ching Wu shared third place.
Pagulayan's win ended a terrific run for Jung-lin Chang (Taiwan). Before this event he had won all three events of the current season, four Tour events in a row and six of the last nine.
The popular Filipino moves up to sixth place in the ranking list with this win. Yang stays in second. Chang is a clear leader, with Wu and Joven Bustamente (Philippines) in third place.
The competition was held July 25-27, 2008 at the Velocity Sports Mall in Singapore. This was the fourth of six events on the 2008 Guinness 9 Ball Tour. Next stop is in Guangzhou, China from 19-21 September. The last is the Grand Final in Jakarta which is comprised of the top 10 in the overall Order of Merit.
- Pagulayan Roars to Victory in Singapore (Guinness 9 Ball Tour)
- Results from the Singapore leg (Guinness 9 Ball Tour)
- Album: Singapore Leg (Guinness 9 Ball Tour)
- Pagulayan Beats Orcollo, The Lion Roars in Guinness 9-Ball (AzBilliards)
- Pagulayan Wins Singapore Guinness Billiard Event (Inside Pool Magazine)
- Pagulayan ends Pinoy drought in Guinness (INQUIRER.net)
- Guinness 9 Ball Tour 2008 - Singapore (ESPN Star - Video)
- Guinness 9-Ball Tour (Singapore) (Matchroom Sport Forums)
- Alex Pagulayan (Wikipedia)
- Yang wins No.2 at Singapore stop of the Asian Tour (Singapore, 2007)
- Chang takes opening Taipei event on Asian Tour (2008 Tour)
- It's Chang again in Penang's Asian Tour event (2008 Tour)
- Chang continues Asian Tour domination with victory in in Kuala Lumpur (2008 Tour)