In the final he defeated Daniel Sanchez (Spain) 3-1 (10-15, 15-1, 15-14, 15-5).Tying for third were defending champion Torbjörn Blomdahl (Sweden) and Kyung-Roul Kim from South Korea. That's a repeat of their positions in the previous World Cup event, in Sluiskil.
Frédéric Caudron (Belgium) had the highest general average of 2.109 while Sanchez had the highest single match average of 2.647. Eddy Leppens (Belgium) had the highest run of the event with 13.
This was Jaspers' 15th World Cup win but his first since the 2006 Sluiskil World Cup.
The win takes Jaspers from 17th to second in the World Cup Ranking. Sanchez advanced from ninth to fifth. Caudron stays on top and Blomdahl and Kim are still sharing third place.
There are no changes in the top five in the World Players Ranking. Blomdahl is on top, followed by Caudron, Jaspers, Sanchez and Roland Forthomme (Belgium).
The event took place 30 June - 6 July 2008, in the Centro de Congressos Matosinhos, Porto, Portugal. It was the second of six events in the 2008 World Cup. Next event is in Irapuato, Mexico, 25-31 August.
- Tournament Details (UMB)
- Oporto WorldCup (Entrada 51 - Spanish)
- Dick Jaspers se proclama vencedor de la prueba de la Copa del Mundo de Oporto (Billarnet - Spanish)
- Jaspers renoue avec la victoire (Kozoom - French)
- World Cup Gran Prix 3 bandas Porto (PT) 30/06 al 6/07 del 2008 (PortalBillar.com - Spanish)
- Prachtige zege in Wereldbekertoernooi Porto (Dick Jaspers - Dutch)
- Dick Jaspers (Official homepage - Dutch)
- Dick Jaspers (Wikipedia)