In the final he beat Ronnie Alcano (Philippines) 12-10 to claim the $15,000 first prize. Fu Jian Bo (China) and Ryu Seung Woo (South Korea) shared third place.
This was Yang's third win of the season. He also won the events in Kaohsiung and Singapore. With Jung-Lin Chang winning two legs, Taiwanese players have now made a clean sweep this season.
With this win Yang strengthened his lead in the Order of Merit. His points tally is 245. Chang lies in second with 185 points.
Here are the top 10 finishers in the Order of Merit. They won spots in the 2007 World Pool Championship and also the Tour finals.
- Ching-Shun Yang, Taiwan
- Jung-Lin Chang, Taiwan
- Fong-Pang Chao, Taiwan
- Ronato Alcano, Philippines
- Chia-Ching Wu, Taiwan
- Ricky Yang, Indonesia
- Ibrahim Bin Amir, Malaysia
- Dharminder Singh Lilly, India
- Bernard Tey Choon Kiat, Singapore
- Lee Vann Corteza, Philippines
The event was held August 3-5 at the Shanghai Hotel, Shanghai, China. It was the fifth event of six this season. Next and final stop is the Grand Championship Final, on Bali, Indonesia on August 31 - September 2.
- Yang wins third Guinness 9 ball trophy in Shanghai (Guinness 9 Ball Tour)
- Results from Shanghai Leg (Guinness 9 Ball Tour)
- Yang Beats Alcano in Shanghai Guinness Tour Stop (AzBilliards)
- Shanghaied in Shanghai (Billiards Philippines)
- Yang gana la última prueba de Guinness 9 Ball (Billarnet - Spanish)
- Pagulayan Absent from Guinness 9-Ball Team, Claims BSCP Prejudice (Billiards Digest)