The US team had the best start, leading 4-1 after the opening day. Europe managed to tie up the contest at 5-5 after day two though, and held a 9-6 lead after day three. German Mosconi Cup veteran Ralf Souquet clinched the match by defeating Rodney Morris 6-4.
USA now leads the event with 11-3. Europe's last win came in 2002.
The event took place from December 13-16 at the MGM Grand, Las Vegas, USA. Matches were singles, scotch doubles and scotch quintuples(!) with alternate break.
To avoid soft breaks there was an additional break rule this year. This rule stated that for the breaker to stay on the table at least three balls had to pass the headstring or be potted. The normal rule that a ball needs to be potted off the break for the inning to continue still was in effect.
- 2007 Mosconi Cup (Official homepage
- Mosconi Cup (WPA Tour)
- Kaiser Seals Deal For Team Europe (AzBilliards)
- 2007 Mosconi Cup Video Coverage (Billiards Digest)
- European Billiards Team Prevails at Mosconi Cup XIV (Inside Pool Magazine)
- Europe outpot stars and stripes! (BBC Lancashire)
- Drago helps Europe claim Mosconi Cup (DI-VE)
- The Cup is ours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Niels Feijen)
- blah blah blah xmas blah blah (OMGWTF)
- Europe Team Wins Mosconi Cup (Online Pool Sharking)
- Europe Takes Mosconi Cup (Play89 Pool Blog)
- Europeans Shock the Americans with a win at the Mosconi cup in Vegas!!! (NYC Grind)
- L'Europe trouve enfin la solution ! (Kozoom - French)
- Europa le da una lección a Estados Unidos en la Copa Mosconi (Billarnet - Spanish)