The winning team once again consisted of Torbjörn Blomdahl and Michael Nilsson. In the final they won 2-0 over Belgium (Eddy Merckx and Roland Forthomme).
Germany and South Korea tied for third place in an event with teams from 18 countries.
Blomdahl has played on all the nine winning teams. Nilsson has "only" seven golds.
Sweden had a perfect 10-0 record in the event. They also had the highest general average of 1.769.
Of all the players Blomdahl had the highest general average of 1.969. He also had a 3.333 to top the single game averages. Belgium's Roland Forthomme had the highest run with 14.
The tournament was played 5-8 March at Festhalle Viersen in Viersen, Germany.
- WC in three cushions billiards 2009 for national teams (official site)
- Tournament details (umb.org)
- Femte raka VM-guldet för Blomdahl (Helsingborgs Dagblad - Swedish)
- Världsmästare för femte året i rad! (Svenska Biljardförbundet - Swedish)
- La couronne suédoise"> (Kozoom - French)
- Schweden bleibt unschlagbar (Billiardblog.info - German)
- Rankinglist last five years (UMB - PDF)
- Billiard: Men: World Team 3 Cushion Championship (Sports 123)
- Sweden takes gold in world three cushion team event (2007 World Team Three Cushion Championship)
- Sweden successfully defends world three cushion team championship (2008 World Team Three Cushion Championship)