Kim edged multiple-winner Dutchman Dick Jaspers 3-2. The frame scores were 13-15, 15-7, 15-11, 2-15 and 15-8.
Defending champion Martin Horn from Germany and Filipos Kasidokostas (Greece) lost out in the semifinals.
This was the 29-year-old Korean's first World Cup title. His previous best was second in the 2008 Suwon World Cup. In that final he lost 3-2 to Jaspers.
He received €5,500 for the victory and Jaspers got €3,500 for second place.
Marco Zanetti (Italy) had the highest general average among the 56 competitors with 1.846. Daniel Sanchez (Spain) had the highest single match average in the final stage with 2.464. Japanese Kouji Funaki's 13 was the highest run in the event.
With this being the first World Cup event of the season the Korean naturally leads the 2010 World Cup Ranking.
The win also moved Kim from sixth to fifth in the World Players Ranking. Jaspers improved from fourth to third. Frédéric Caudron (Belgium) stays on top with Torbjörn Blomdahl (Sweden) in second place.
The event took place 15-21 February 2010 at the Belconti Resort Hotel, Antalya, Turkey. It was the first of at least four events in the 2010 World Cup. The next events is in Suwon, South Korea, 6-11 April 2010.
- Tournament Details (UMB)
- Première victoire pour Kim (Kozoom.com - French)
- Worldcup Antalya (Turquia) 2010 (Entrada 51 - Spanish)
- Opnieuw verliezend finalist in Turkije (Dick Jaspers - Dutch)
- Blomdahl wins Manisa World Cup event for third title in a row (2006 Turkey World Cup)
- Martin Horn lifts first career World Cup trophy in Turkey (2009 Turkey World Cup)