Jaspers edged home favourite Kyung-Roul Kim 3-2. The frame scores were 15-6, 15-6, 13-15, 13-15 and 15-6. Tying for third were Torbjörn Blomdahl (Sweden) and Frédéric Caudron from Belgium.
Youn-Soo Lim (South Korea) had the highest general average of 1.896 while Mun-Gap Choi (South Korea) had the highest single match average of 2.727. Dinh Tien Dang had the highest run with 14.
Defending champion Daniel Sánches (Spain) lost 3-1 to Kim in the quarter-finals.
This was Jaspers' 17th World Cup win and third in a row.
The win strengthens Jaspers first place position in the World Cup Ranking. Kim advances from third to second. Caudron stays in second place.
Jaspers also stays on top of the World Players Ranking. Caudron stays in second place and Blomdahl (Sweden) follows closely in third.
The event took place 29 September - 4 October 2008 in the Suwon Youth Culture Center, Suwon, South Korea. It was the fourth of six events in the 2008 World Cup. Next event is in Hurghada, Egypt, 16-22 November.
- Tournament Details (UMB)
- Korea World Cup 2008 (Entrada 51 - Spanish)
- Jaspers nouveau patron (Kozoom - French)
- Dick Jaspers, campeón de la prueba de Copa del Mundo disputada en Corea (Billarnet - Spanish)
- Opnieuw zege in Wereldbekertoernooi in Suwon (Dick Jaspers - Dutch)
- Dick Jaspers (Official homepage - Dutch)
- Dick Jaspers (Wikipedia)
- Daniel Sánches claims World Cup win in South Korea (2007 South Korea World Cup)
- Frédéric Caudron wins World Cup in Sluiskil (2008 World Cup)
- Jaspers wins Porto World Cup (2008 World Cup)
- Second win in a row for Jaspers in Mexico World Cup (2008 World Cup)