In the final he defeated Sweden's Torbjörn Blomdahl 3-0. The set scores were 15-8, 15-2 and 15-8. Marco Zanetti (Italy) and Roland Forthomme (Belgium) shared third place.
Jaspers played extremely well in the final, setting a new world record average of 5.625. He also produced a high run of 15.
This was Jaspers' second European title. His previous win came in 2003. In addition he has two silver medals and four bronzes, including in the previous three years.
In addition to highest match average and best run Jaspers also had the highest tournament average, with 2.169.
Belgium's defending champion Eddy Merckx was beaten 3-2 by Jean-Christophe (France) in the last 16.
Jaspers is third in the current World Players Ranking.
The event took place June 5-8 in Centre Culturel "La Passarelle", Florange, France.
- European Championships 3 Cushion 2008 (Official site - French)
- Tournament details (CEB)
- Dick Jaspers mit Rekord Europameister (Billardblog - German)
- Jaspers sätter nytt världsrekord på EM i trevallars (Svenska Biljardförbundet - Swedish)
- Championnat d'Europe (Kozoom - French)
- Billiard: Men: European 3 Cushion Championship (Sports 123)
- Dick Jaspers, European Champion and World record (Iwan Simonis)
- Caudron is new European three cushion champion (2006 European Championship)
- Eddy Merckx bags European Three Cushion Championship (2007 European Championship)