In the final she won the last eight games to defeat three-time runner-up Karen Corr (Ireland) 9-5. The comeback included five consecutive break-and-runs.
In the all-Chinese bronze match Xiotang Pan trounced Fu Xiofang 9-1.
Shushua edged 2007 champion Pan 9-8 in the semifinals and Korr beat Xiofang with the same score.
Defending champion Yuan-Chun Lin from Taiwan went out in the early rounds after losing 7-0 to Corr.
This was the sixth world title in a row for Asian players. The last non-Asian to win was four-time champion Allison Fisher (England) in 2001.
The tournament ran from 16-22 November, 2009, in Shenyang, China.
- Liu Shasha Crowned New Women’s World 9-Ball Champion (Inside Pool)
- My147.com (Official site - Chinese)
- Liu Shasha Wins World 9-Ball Champonship! (AzBilliards)
- World Pool Association (Coverage)
- Women 9 Ball World Championship in Shenyang/China (Jasmin Ouschan)
- China Part One & China Part Two (Sticks and balls and holes)
- World 9-Ball Champion (WPA)
- Pool: Women: World 9-Ball Championship (Sports 123)
- List of WPA World Nine-ball champions (Wikipedia)
- Ga-Young Kim defends World title (2006 World Championship)
- Xiaoting Pan wins Women's World 9-Ball Championship (2007 World Championship)
- Yuan-Chun Lin wins Women's World 9-ball Championship (2008 World Championship)