In the final against Karina Jetten from Netherlands she won 3-0, with the set scores 12-8, 12-8 and 12-2. Su Ah Park (South Korea) and Gülsen Degener from Turkey captured the bronze medals.
Orie had the highest over-all average, with 0.947. She and Gerrie Geelen (Netherlands) had the highest runs in the event with 7.
This was the third instalment of the championship. Hida also won the first two, in 2004 and 2006.
The championship was held in Sivas, Turkey between 5th and 7th September, 2008.
- World Championship Ladies 3-Cushion (UMB.org)
- Et de trois pour Hida (Kozoom - French)
- Women: World 3 Cushion Championship (Sports 123)
- DÜNYA ŞAMP. SONUÇLANDI ! (Türkiye Bilardo Federasyonu - Turkish)
- Gülşen, Dünya üçüncüsü (Yeni Şafak - Turkish)
- Jetten tweede bij WK driebanden (sport.nl - Dutch)
- Orie Hida wins Ladies World Three Cushion Championship
(2006 World Championship)