Orie Hida from Japan won the Ladies World Three Cushion Championship.
In the final against Therese Klompenhouwer from Netherlands she won 3-0, with the set scores 12-0, 12-3 and 12-7. Ayako Maehara (Japan) and Gülsen Degener from Turkey captured the bronze medals.
Hida's average of 1.161 in the final was the highest single match average in the tournament. Maehara had the highest over-all average, with 0.878. Maehara (twice) and Klompenhouwer had the highest runs in the event with 9.
This was the second instalment of the championship. Hida also won the first one, in Sevilla, Spain, 2004.
The championship was held at La Plaza, Hoensbroek, Netherlands between 20th and 23rd December, 2006.
- Ævitæ World Championships Ladies 2006 (Official homepage)
- World Championship Ladies 3-Cushion (UMB.org)
- Orie Hida repite como campeona del mundo de Tres Bandas (Billarnet - Spanish)
- Orie Hida revalida el entorchado mundial a Tres Bandas (RFEB - Spanish)
- I.lk kez düzenlenen Bayanlar 3-Bant Dünya S,ampiyonas? (Bìlardo Türk - Turkish)
- World Championship Ladies (KNBB - Dutch)
- Biljarten: wereldtitel driebanden voor Hida (Dagblad De Limburger - Dutch)
- Orie Hida verteidigt Titel (Billard Zentrum - German)
- WK Driebanden Groot Dames in Hoensbroek (www.nieuwsinfo.nl - Dutch)
- Women: World 3 Cushion Championship (Sports 123)