In the final he defeated Vilmos Földes (Hungary) 10-7 to win €5000. Földes took home €3300 for the runner-up position.
In the semi-finals Gray beat David Alcaide from Spain 10-9 and Földes defeated German Oliver Ortmann 10-7.
This was Gray's first win on the Euro Tour. His previous best was third place in last months's Netherlands Open. With Imran Majid winning that event and Daryl Peach taking the German Open English players now have captured two Euro Tour events in a row and three of the last four.
Gray has played on snooker's Main Tour several times. He was last a member in the 2004/2005 season.
With this win Gray takes a giant leap from 73rd to 12th in the Euro Tour Ranking. Losing finalist Földes moves from 21st to ninth.
Konstantin Stepanov (Russia) holds on to the top spot. Daryl Peach (England) and Niels Feijen (Netherlands) move up one spot each to second and third respectively. Stepanov leads Peach by a mere 20 points before the last event but has only a 193rd place to defend.
The tournament was played 25-27 October at the Billiardcenter Island Billiards, Frauenfeld, Switzerland. It was the sixth event of seven on the Euro Tour this season. The next and last stop is the Costa del Sol Open Open (December 6-8).
- Dynamic Swiss Open (Event info)
- Official Website of the EPBF - IBP Eurotour
- Gray succède à Majid (Kozoom - French)
- Mark Gray wins The Diamond Nine Dynamic Swiss Open 2007 (Pro9.co.uk)
- Mark Gray da la sorpresa al ganar el Euro Tour de Suiza (Billarnet - Spanish)
- Mark Grey wint Eurotour Zwitserland (Poolkrant - Dutch)
- Englezima treci Eurotour u nizu (Hrvatski biljarski - Polish)
- ET Swiss Open 9-Ball – Early elimination (souquet.de)
- Eurotour Switzerland (Pro9.co.uk Forum)
- frauenfeld switzerland eurotour (AzBilliards Forums)
- Mark Gray (EBSA)